Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Vegetarian Sauerkraut


I love sauerkraut! I always loved sauerkraut but since my mom recipe includes ham, italian sausages and bacon, I had to make my own recipe. A recipe that is veggie and healthy!


Ingredients

  • 1 lb sauerkraut, rinsed
  • 1 onion, minced
  • 3 ts olive oil
  • 1 cup white wine (or beer)
  • 2 apples, diced
  • 10 juniper berries
  • 3 dried cloves
  • 250 ml vegetables broth
  • 454 g tofu, diced and marinated in salted water
  • 6 tofu sausages
  • 6 potatoes, cooked

First, cook the onion in a big pan with the olive oil. Add the sauerkraut and cook for 5 minutes. Add the white wine, juniper berries, cloves and apples and the broth. Cook for 2 hours at medium. Add the tofu and the sausages and cook for another hour. Add the potatoes 15 minutes before serving.

Photo: http://www.sxc.hu/profile/haiinee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails